Original Imperial German WWI Refurbished M18 WWI Transitional Helmet with M31 WWII Liner - Stamped W64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M18 M-1918 German WWI large size 64 helmet shell. The shell is stamped Q64 indicating that Hermann Weissenberger & Co. Stuttgart-Cannstadt manufactured it. Size 64 is a larger size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 58cm or US 7 to 7 1/4.
This helmet has the following notable features-
Maker’s code with marking W64 stamped on the interior of the shell found over the wearer’s left ear!
Correct original air ventilation lugs.
There should also be a dome stamp (under the paint). On the inside dome of every WWI German helmet you will find a heating lot code, these codes were used by the steel factories during production. These steel mills were called rolling mills.
Traditional WW1 style three-pad leather liner.
A chinstrap mounted to the liner.
Notable history WWI Transitional Helmet with M31 WWII Liner
- The Third Reich era started in 1933 and Germany began to re-arm itself.
- As new units were formed the ability to equip them fell behind.
- Most units wore the WWI M16-18 helmet version.
- In 1931 a new liner was developed which was to become famous in the later M35,40, and 42 WWII helmet version.
- Today, it is a rarity to find a WWI helmet with the WWII Liner and when you do the value is high.
- This helmet represents one of those rare examples with the Heer decal worn by an early member of the growing German Forces.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle