Original German WWII Refurbished M42 Heer 3 Wire Italian Front Helmet - Stamped hkp66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M42 M-1942 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped hkp 66 indicating that Sächsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke A.G. of Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M42 Heer 3 Wire Italian Front helmet include:
- Of all fronts, the German army was not defeated in Italy.
- Skillful defense by up the boot of Italy by hardened Afrikakorp survivors as well as adhoc units in constant reconstruction fought to the end and only surrendered once the war in Europe ended.
- The Italian landscape was mountains and valleys very suitable for defense.
- This helmet worn by Infantry Units shows the typical Italian theatre camo of heavy brown with limited green.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon