Original German WWII Refurbished M42 12th SS Panzerdivision HJ Helmet - Shell Size 62
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M42 M-1942 German WW2 size 62 helmet shell. The shell is a Size 62, which is a size that can accommodate liners from 54cm to 57cm or US 6 3/4 to 7.
12th SS Panzerdivision jugend
- Formed in 1944, the division was formed with 16,000 HJ recruits and Veteran NCO’s and Officers transferred from the 1SSLAH to accelerate training.
- While the unit was only in existence for less than 2 years, it was highly regarded for its tenacity by many of the British Veterans who faced it in France immediately after the D-Day Invasion.
- The unit will be forever tied to famous battles such as Caan, the Falaise Gap, and the Battle of the Bulge (Ardennes).
- In spite of its short life, 18 members won the coveted Knights Cross, 2 won the Oakleaves, and one, Kurt Meyer won the Swords.
- This helmet accurately represents those men of 12 SS Panzerdivision jugend Division who served in France 1944-1945.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon