Original German WWII Refurbished M40 Panzer Grenadier Grossdeutschland Helmet - Stamped Q66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped Q66 indicating that Quist in Esslingen, Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are always hard to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Panzer Grenadier Grossdeutschland
- Considered to be a premier unit that received the best equipment, the unit saw most of its action on the Russian front.
- The unit participated in many of the most famous battle in Russia such as Kiev, Minsk, Kursk, Kharkov, and the attempted relief of Stalingrad.
- 19 members won the coveted Knights Cross and 2 won the Oakleaves to the Knights Cross.
- This helmet accurately represents those worn by Grossdeutschland personnel during their combat time in Russia 1942-1944.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon