Original German WWII Refurbished M40 III Flakkorps Helmet - Stamped EF64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 64 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 64 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 64 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 59cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
- On June 6th 1944 on the date of the Normandy France D-day Invasion. The IIIFlakkorps was the only Flak Unit near the invasion area.
- Between 100-130 Flak88 Guns were moved on site by June 8th.
- While in the invasion area, the unit was credited with 921 tanks and 462 aircraft destroyed.
- The unit withdrew through July as the Allies broke out with their most famous moment at the Falaise Gap when they used all their ammunition to hold open the pocket to allow other units to escape.
- Half of the unit escaped once all ammunition was used.
- The Flak88s were under the command of the Luftwaffe and this helmet accurately represents those men who were in France from June-August 1944.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon