Original German WWII Refurbished M40 El Alamein - Afrikakorp 90th Light Division Helmet - Stamped EF64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 64 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 64 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 64 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 59cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
El Alamein Afrikakorp 90th Light Division
- The 90th Light Division was famous for its exploits with the Afrikakorp
The Unit supported the other two famous units the 15th and 21st panzer Divisions
- The first battle of El Alamein took place July 1941
- The battle was a stalemate but ensured that the famous British 8th Army could not again take the offensive for several months due to losses
- This helmet represents one worn by a soldaten that stormed into history in the Afrikan Theatre of war known for its chivalry and mobile war exploits
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon