Original German WWII Refurbished M40 Battle of Moscow SS Summer Medic (Sanität) Helmet - Stamped Q66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped Q66 indicating that Quist in Esslingen, Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are always hard to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Battle of Moscow SS Summer Medic (Sanität) Helmet
- June 1941 the German Army begins Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union.
- The German General Staff believed the capture of Moscow was critical to ending the war in the east quickly.
- Instead, AH diverted the Panzer Divisions north and south only to return to the Moscow offensive in September 1941.
- The 2nd SS Das Reich was the spearhead unit in the September October battle of Moscow.
- This helmet accurately represents those worn by 2 SS Das Reich Sanität personnel during the Battle of Moscow 1941.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon