Original German WWII Refurbished M40 6th Army Battle of Stalingrad Helmet - Stamped EF66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 66 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are always hard to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
6th Army at the Battle of Stalingrad
- 6th Army Under Friedrich Paulus.
- Spring 1942 part of Army Group South participated in the successful battle of Kharkov.
- June 1942 was to be part of Operation Blue, the capture of the Russian Oilfields.
- Instead, August 1942 Army Group B with 6th Army was diverted towards Stalingrad.
- The 6th Army was the key force in Stalingrad up to it's surrender in early 1943.
- This helmet was representative of those Heer forces in 6th Army leading up to and including the Stalingrad battle.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decals, wire, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon