Original German WWII Refurbished M40 1st SS Leibstandarte in Italy Helmet - Size 64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 64 helmet shell. The shell is a Size 64, which is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 59cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
1st SS Leibstandarte in Italy Helmet
- In 1943 with the looming Italian collapse, the Leibstandarte was sent to Italy.
- Soon after the Leibstandarte participated in the disarming of the Italian soldiers after Italy’s surrender.
- While in Italy it was re-designated the 1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolph Hitler (SS-LAH).
- By November the unit was rushed back to the eastern Front.
- This helmet accurately represents those worn by the Leibstandarte while in Italy and Russia during the summer of 1943.
Note- Helmet has rusting to the interior so original stampings cannot be read.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon