Original German WWII Refurbished M40 1st SS Leibstandarte Battle for Greece Helmet - Stamped EF64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 64 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 64 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 64 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 59cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
1st SS Leibstandarte Battle for Greece
- In March of 1941 the Italian invasion of Greece was failing.
- To shore up their southern flank on the eve of Barbarossa, the 1SSLAH was sent to rescue the Italians
- The unit stormed through heavily defended mountain passes taking 12,000 Greek prisoners
- For its bravery and success the unit was promoted to now be a fully Motorized Division
- This helmet represents one worn by a soldaten that stormed into Greece that helped to create the unshakable Offensive Spirit that the unit was now to be known for
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon