Original German WWII Refurbished M40 1st Gebirgsjäger Mountain Division Helmet - Stamped EF66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 66 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
1st Gebirgsjäger Mountain Division
- Formed in 1938, this Gebirgsjäger unit was made up of Bavarians and Austrians.
- In 1941 the unit took part on Barbarossa at Lvov and the crossing of the Dniepr and Mius rivers.
- In 1942, after the second battle of Kharkov it climbed through the Caucasus mountains and planted the flag on Mount Elbrus
- This helmet represents those men of the Gebirgsjäger who had the farthest penetration into Russia of the war
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon