Original German WWII Refurbished M40 13th SS "Handschar" (1st Croatian Division) Winter Helmet - ET66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped ET66 indicating that Eisenhuttenwerk AG, Thale Harz, Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 59cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 3/8. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the 13th SS "Handschar" (1st Croatian Division) include:
- Approved to form as an SS unit February 13, 1943.
- Prior to the formation of the division, approval also had to be granted by the Croatian government
- 26,000 men were recruited by mid-1943.
- In February 1944, the division served in Bosnia, Serbia, and Sirmium completing anti-Partisan operations.
- Late 1944, the Division served in southern Hungary in front-line fighting against the advancing Russians.
- May 8th 1945 the division surrendered to British troops.
- This helmet represents those Croatian Volunteers during Winter in those last years of WWII.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon