Original German WWII Refurbished M40 12 SS HJ: Battle of the Bulge (Ardennes offensive) - Stamped EF64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 64 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 64 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 64 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 59cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
12 SS jugend: Battle of the Bulge (Ardennes offensive)
- The 6th Panzer Army under Sepp Dietrich spearheaded to last great offensive of the German Army
- The purpose of the attack was to split the British and American line in half, capture Antwerp, and encircle and destroy four Allied armies
- Launched on Dec 16th 1944, it was doomed to failure once the weather cleared and Allied Air Power could once again turn the tide.
- The 12th SS was unique that is was made up of HJ and led by veterans taken from the 1SS LAH.
- The unit was known for its ferocity and British and US veterans long after talked about how difficult it was when they came up against this unit
- This helmet represents one worn by a soldaten that served in a unit that while only in existence for about 12 months delivered results well above normal long serving units
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon