Original German WWII M42 Summer Normandy SS Chicken Wire Refurbished Helmet - Stamped hkp64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M42 M-1942 German WW2 large size 64 helmet shell. The shell is stamped hkp 64 on the rear skirt, indicating that Sächsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke A.G. of Germany manufactured it. Size 64 is a nice medium large size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 58cm or US 7 to 7 1/4 . Size 64 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M42 Summer Normandy SS Chicken Wire Helmet :
- On June 6, 1944 the Allies invaded Europe starting on the beaches at Normandy France
- The German Army quickly regrouped and threw into the fight their top Waffen SS units including the 1st SS Leibstandarte, 2nd SS das Reich, and 12th SS Hitler Jugen
- These units have been in constant action and were not anywhere near their compliment of men.
- Now that the Luftwaffe was non-existent and constantly on the defense, anything that would provide cover was used to provide camouflage to stay alive another day.
- Wire of all kind was found and used to break up the smooth contour of the helmet as well as provide a way to put sticks a brush on the helmet to further blend in.
- The most famous was the European Chicken wire found in the country side and liberally cut up and applied to helmets. The helmet is a stunning example of the helmets worn by the young Soldaten in Normandy who were thrown into the fury and endured to the end.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon