Original German WWII M42 Refurbished Summer Normandy SS Double Decal Helmet - Stamped hkp64
Original Item: Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WWII medium size 64 helmet shell. The rear skirt of the helmet is faintly stamped hkp 64, indicating that Sächsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke A.G. of Germany manufactured it. It also has heat lot code 4618 below the maker code. Size 64 is a nice medium size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 57cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M40 Summer Normandy SS Double Decal Helmet-
- On June 6, 1944 the Allies invaded Europe starting on the beaches at Normandy France
- The German Army quickly regrouped and threw into the fight their top Waffen SS units including the 1st SS Leibstandarte, 2nd SS das Reich, and 12th SS Hitler Jugen
- These units have been in constant action and were not anywhere near their compliment of men.
- By now you could find a mix of helmets starting with the early volunteers wearing M35's to the replacements that streamed in after every battle wearing M40's and M42's.
- The main reason the German army was so successful was its ability to integrate in people who have not served together and quickly bind them into a powerful cohesive force.
- This helmet represent those young Soldaten in Normandy who were thrown into the fury and endured to the end
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon