Original German WWII M42 Refurbished SS Battle of Leningrad Winter M42 Three Wire Helmet - Stamped hkp66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M42 M-1942 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped hkp 66 indicating that Sächsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke A.G. of Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII SS Battle of Leningrad Winter M42 Three Wire Helmet
- On September 8th 1941 Army Group North severed the last road in or out of Lenningrad which began a siege that lasted 872 days.
- Formerly known as St Petersburg , the name change to Leningrad’ made it a symbol of the Communist party revolution in 1918 in Russia honoring Lenin, the founder of Communist Russia.
- Army Group North consisted of 16th Army, 18th Army, and the 4th panzer group, which contained the SS Totenkompf and SS Polizei Divisions.
- The almost 4 years of siege was marked by striking cold winters.
- It This example has wire attached during the summer to hold straw/trigs/brush to break up the smooth contour of the helmet. It was then over painted with white to blend with the snow.
- This helmet represents those worn by SS personnel during the winters of 1943-1944.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon