Original German WWII M42 Refurbished Operation Winter Storm Helmet - Stamped hkp64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M42 M-1942 German WW2 size 64 helmet shell. The shell is stamped hkp64 indicating that Sachsische Emaillerwerk, of Lauter Germany manufactured it. Size 64 is a nice medium large size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 58cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are hard to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M42 Operation Winter Storm Helmet :
- The battle of Stalingrad in 1943 is the subject of study for every WWII enthusiast. 90.000 German Soldiers surrendered, and only 5000 ever made it back to Germany in 1955.
- Less known is the Operation to relive the pocket when Hitler forbade the 6th Army to break out once surrounded.
- Fuel and supplies short, Erich von Manstein’s Army also faced the onslaught of a Russian winter.
- In spite of that, they were able to get within 30 miles of the encircled 6th Army.
- The 6th Army still refused to go against orders and break out from within to meet Manstein, which guaranteed their defeat, and for many 10 years of hard labor in the USSR.
- This helmet represents those men who reached beyond their limits to go those last miles to give those men at Stalingrad one last chance to escape.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
Note: Liner top tie strap is not pictured, but will be included.
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon