Original German WWII M42 Refurbished Operation Market Garden 9th SS Helmet - Stamped hkp66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M42 M-1942 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped hkp 66 indicating that Sächsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke A.G. of Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M40 Operation Market Garden 9th SS Helmet:
- In 1944 Montgomery Conceived a plan to leapfrog across Holland capturing key bridges with Airborne Units and shorten the war by Christmas
- Then US and British Para’s would be dropped over a series of bridges to hold them while the armored columns race up the road to relieve them opening the way over the massive German defenses
- The campaign started well with the Eindhoven and Nijmegen bridges captured quickly. But, the Bridge at Arnhem proved to be a Bridge Too Far’
- Allied Intelligence reported that the 9thSS Panzer division was refitting after it’s escape from the Falaise pocket. This Intelligence was ignored much to the suffering of those units fighting for the last bridge unsuccessfully.
- The para’s eventually surrendered and the war was to last 8 more painful months.
- This helmet represents those men of the 9thSS Panzer who stopped the British Airborne at the bridge at Arnhem.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon