Original German WWII M42 Refurbished Chickenwire Half Basket Winter Normandy Helmet - Stamped hkp66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M42 M-1942 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped hkp 66 indicating that Sächsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke A.G. of Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII Chickenwire Half Basket Winter Normandy Helmet:
- December 1944 the SSLAH spearheaded the famous Ardennes (Battle of the Bulge) Battle.
- By January 1945 with no fuel or supplies the units was forced back step by step to the German Frontier.
- During winter the helmets were over painted white to better blend into the terrain.
- The chickenwire, that had covered the helmet all summer is not removed, but over painted.
- The chickenwire on this example is exactly replicates the same European wire found in Normandy in 1944. The twist in the wire varies by country and by time. So many helmets out there use wire that is not correct for the period. Don’t accept less.
- This helmet represent those SS Soldaten clinging to every inch of ground during those early last cold days of the winter of 1945.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon