Original German WWII M42 Refurbished 12th SS Winter Panzerdivision Hitlerjugen Helmet - Stamped hkp66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M42 M-1942 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped hkp 66 indicating that Sächsische Emaillier und Stanzwerke A.G. of Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M42 12th SS Winter Panzerdivision Hitlerjugen Helmet:
- Formed in 1944, the division was formed with 16000 Hitler Youth recruits and Veteran NCO’s and Officers transferred from the 1SSLAH to accelerate training
- While the unit was only in existence for less than 2 years, it was highly regarded for its tenacity by many of the British Veterans who faced it in France immediately after the D-Day Invasion
- The unit will be forever tied to famous battles such as Caan, the Falaise Gap, and the Battle of the Bulge (Ardennes )
- By mid-war helmets were camouflaged any way possible. In this case a green paint that has flaked over time with a Chickenwire covering with the correct European mesh to hold foliage.
- In this case the finish on the helmet is ORIGINAL WWII
- In spite of its short life, 18 members won the coveted Knights Cross, 2 won the Oakleaves, and one, Kurt Meyer won the Swords.
- This helmet represents those men of 12 SS Panzerdivision Hitlerjugend Division who served in France during the winter of 1944-1945
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon