Original German WWII M40 Refurbished WWII SS Double Decal Normandy Camo Helmet - Stamped Q66
Original Item: Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is faintly stamped Q66 indicating that Quist in Esslingen, Germany manufactured it. It also has lot stamp 208 on the rear skirt. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 59cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 3/8. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M40 Double Decal Normandy SS helmet
- On June 6, 1944 the Allies invaded Europe starting on the beaches at Normandy France. The green camouflage matches the style used in the Summer foliage. This example used a chicken wire overlay to add additional texture.
- The German Army quickly regrouped and threw into the fight their top Waffen SS units including the 1st SS Leibstandarte, 2nd SS das Reich, and 12th SS AH Jugen.
- With the Germans on defense, helmets in this period were heavily painted to provide concealment.
- Pushed back and back for the next 5 months , only to strike one last time in the battle of the Ardennes ( Battle of the Bulge).
- This helmet represent those Soldaten clinging to every inch of ground waiting for that last offensive during those late days of WWII.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon