Original German WWII M40 Refurbished SS Russian Front Sanitat Helmet - Stamped EF66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 66 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M40 SS Russian Front Sanitat Helmet:
- The battles Normandy saw a number of SS units including the famous 1st LAH, 2nd Das Reich, and 3rd Totenkopf
- While Camo helmets worn by the SS come in a variety colors and schemes, most agree that the units in Russia used a paint scheme that was a blend of greens compared to Russia where the greens with some red brown were predominant.
- This helmet represents those worn by the SS Sanität (Medical) units that served in Russia in the battles of 1943-45
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon