Original German WWII M40 Refurbished SS Normandy Medic Sanität Helmet - Size 66 Shell
Original Item: Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The rear apron of the shell is stamped with lot number 170, however the maker mark is not visible over the left ear, most likely due to wear and paint. It is however definitely a German WWII M40 shell. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
SS Normandy Medic Sanität Helmet
- The battles in Normandy saw a number of SS units including the 1st LAH, 2nd Das Reich, and the 12th AHJugen.
- While Camo helmets worn by the SS come in a variety colors and schemes, most agree that the units in Normandy France used a paint scheme that was a blend of greens with some red brown compared to Russia where the greens were predominant.
- This helmet represents those worn by the SS Sanität (Medical) units that served in France in the battles of 1944 and 1945.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon