Original German WWII M40 Refurbished Spanish Blue Division Camouflage Helmet - Stamped EF66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model 1940 M40 M-1940 German WWII large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF66 over the left ear, indicating that it was manufactured by Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda Germany in size 66. This is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 59cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 3/8. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector. It also has heat lot number 6030 stamped under the rear skirt.
Notable history of the WWII M40 Spanish Blue Division Camouflage Helmet:
- In 1941 Spain sent what was to be the beginning of 47000 men to fight in the German Army as thanks for the German support in the Spanish revolution of the 1930's.
- The "Spanish Blue Division" was known as the 250Inf.dv. within the German Wehrmacht.
- From 1941-1943 the unit fought bravely on the Russian front. In 1943 the unit was disbanded at the request of the Spanish Government.
- Almost 14000 were killed or wounded serving at Leningrad, Smolensk, and as part of the troops used to shore up the Stalingrad front after the 6th Armies collapse.
- Then unit in its short time and small numbers earned 3 Knights Crosses, 3 German Crosses in Gold, 138 EKIs, 2359 EKIIs, and, 2216 War Merit Crosses with Swords.
- The helmets worn featured the Heer decal worn on all German Army helmets and the Spanish red and Yellow party Shield on the opposite side of the helmet.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon