Original German WWII M40 Refurbished Luftwaffe Afrikakorps Flak Anti-Tank Double Decal Helmet - Stamped EF66
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of a totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell, refurbished by a master German camouflage restorer. The shell is stamped E.F.66, indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. It is also stamped with lot number 226 under the rear skirt. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to 59cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 3/8. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M40 Luftwaffe Afrikakorp Flak Anti-tank Double Decal Helmet:
- The legendary Afrikakorp led by the Desert Fox Erwin Rommel was perhaps the most well-known Armygruppe in WWII
- The accomplishments far outweighed the number of men and Units actually deployed.
- One of the secrets of the AK was the use of Flak 88 Guns in an anti-tank role
- These amazing weapons made by Krupp industries could knock an enemy tank at long distance
- Rommel would use his tanks to lure the enemy into kill zones manned by the famous Flak 88
- Another unique think about the German Wehrmacht was that anything that had anything to do with the sky was part of the Luftwaffe. Thus these anti-aircraft weapons used in a ground role were crewed by Luftwaffe veterans
- The Afrikakorp with the textured brown camo is perhaps the most coveted helmet of WWII
- This helmet represents one of those rare and valuable pieces with the Luftwaffe first pattern eagle decal
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon