Original German WWII M40 Refurbished Luftwaffe 1st Pattern Eagle Flak Gunner Helmet - Stamped EF64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 64 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 64 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 64 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 59cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M35 Refurbished Double Decal Normandy SS Helmet:
- The early version Luftwaffe Eagle first appeared on helmets in 1935.
- The Droop Tailed First Version was later replaced with the more common Second Pattern just before WWII
- The First Pattern versions are more rare and valuable and when on a helmet that has been painted represent those early veterans who went on to see a lot of service
- This helmets represents those early Luftwaffe veterans who served long into WWII manning their Flak 88’s first in an anti-aircraft role and later as an anti-tank weapon
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon