Original German WWII M40 Refurbished Double Decal Normandy SS Helmet with Original Liner - Stamped EF64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 64 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 64 is a nice medium size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 58cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are hard to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M40 Double Decal Normandy SS Helmet-
- Over 70 years ago on June 6, 1944 the Allies invaded Europe starting on the beaches at Normandy France
- The German Army on their heels quickly regrouped and threw into the fight their top Waffen SS units including the 1st SS Leibstandarte, 2nd SS das Reich, and 12th SS HitlerJugen
- With the Germans on defense, helmets in this period were heavily painted to provide concealment.
- With few regulations around how they are painted, there are numerous variations seen in pictures from the time
- That said, the greens and browns seen on this example are indicative of the common color themes seen, as is the chicken wire covering.
- This helmet represent those Soldaten clinging to every inch of ground during those late days of WWII
Additionally, this helmet is fitted with an original German WWII helmet liner. The chin strap has unfortunately been lost, but the 8 finger leather liner is still present, though worn. Inner and outer liner bands are both steel, not the weaker aluminum used at times.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon