Original German WWII M40 Refurbished 1st Pz Dv Third Battle of Kharkov Helmet - Stamped Q64
Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 64 helmet shell. The shell is stamped Q64 indicating that Quist in Esslingen, Germany manufactured it. Size 64 is a nice medium large size that can accommodate liners from 56cm to 58cm or US 7 to 7 1/4. Size 64 shells are hard to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M40 1st Pz Dv Third Battle of Kharkov Helmet:
- Kharkov on the Russian Front was a pivotal position that was famous for 3 specific battles between 1941 1943
- By the Third battle the German forces were in retreat hampered by the No Step Back orders they were given from the High Command.
- Perhaps one of the top generals of WWII, Erich von Manstein believed in a mobile defense which was a bend but do not break strategy.
- Disregarding all orders, Manstein deployed his elastic defense and fell back strategically as the Russian attacked.
- Once their attack was spent, he launched a counter attack which pushed the Russian back and he recaptured the city of Kharkov that he had been told to hold but would have lost his army had he not deployed his ground breaking defensive plan
- Manstein was called in 1955 to participate in the post war reformation of the German Army called then and now the Bundeswehr. His impact on German tactics endured long beyond WWII and his death in 1973
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon