Original German WWII M40 Refurbished 1SS Leibstandarte Southern Front Helmet - Stamped EF66
Original Item: Original Item: One-of-a-kind. This is a fine example of totally original Model M40 M-1940 German WW2 large size 66 helmet shell. The shell is stamped EF 66 indicating that Emaillierwerke AG, of Fulda, Germany manufactured it. Size 66 is a nice large size that can accommodate liners from 58cm to60cm or US 7 1/4 to 7 1/2. Size 66 shells are much harder to find and are therefore more valuable to a collector.
Notable history of the WWII M40 1SS Leibstandarte Southern Front Helmet
- In 1943 with the looming Italian collapse, the Leibstandarte was sent to Italy
- Soon after the Leibstandarte participated in the disarming of the Italian soldiers after Italy’s surrender.
- While in Italy it was re-designated the 1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolph Hitler.
- By November the unit was rushed back to the eastern Front.
- Like a fire brigade, the 1stSS LAH was transferred from hot spot to hot spot.
- This helmet represents those worn by the Leibstandarte as it moved from Italy to Russia.
What does refurbished mean? While the shell is 100% genuine WWII manufacture, we have tasked, perhaps the very best German Helmet restorer in the USA, to customize this helmet. Every detail is hand done, with the finest materials including a hand painted shell with high quality authentic decal. Please know that the paint, decal, liner and chinstrap, while they look totally original are all new and the helmet has been refurbished to look as if it was picked up off the battle field by a USGI and brought home as a war trophy.
This helmet is one-of-a-kind there will never be one exactly like it making it a true collectors piece that will do nothing but appreciate in value in the coming years. This is a rare opportunity to own a genuine WWII German Helmet for a fraction of the cost of one with original camouflage paint and decals.
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon