Original German WWII Hitler Youth Named Personal Set
Original Items: A collection of three pieces all purchased from a 93 year old WWII U.S. Army Veteran.
1) Original Hitler Youth Membership Identification Card. Dienstkarte Hitler-Jugend. This is an original example of a Hitler Youth service card. These cards carried essential information such as name, date and place of birth, home address, and the date he joined the Hitler-Jugend. This particular boy’s name was GÜNTER BÖTTCHER. He was born on January 30th, 1931. He joined the HJ on May 12th, 1941 when he was ten years old and the last his recoded activity was February 19th, 1944 at the age of 13.
2) Original German WW2 Solingen E Knecht & Co Etched Blade Hitler Youth Knife with Scabbard and leather frog. Made by E Knecht & Co., Stahlwarenfabrik, the blade is nicely motto etched and has an early painted scabbard that shows 60% paint. Blade trade marked with the double stag head logo as well as "K & Co". Grip is in excellent condition with original brown buffer still intact. Overall very good condition.
3) Original German WWII 1937 Hitler Youth Young People's Proficiency Bronze Badge-
An aluminum die struck alloy award in the form of a "Sig" rune. To the center of the rune is a raised, mobile swastika, which is surrounded by the pseudo-runic script "Für Leistungen Im D.J." (For Proficiency In-the German Young-people). Complete with original pin back device. RZM marked, "M1/63" indicating manufacture by Schmahl & Schulz-Wuppertal/Barmen. It is alos nicely numbered 326597.
In an attempt to promote physical fitness, the "Leistungsabzeichen des Deutschen Jungvolks" (Proficiency-badge of-the German Young-people), was introduced by Reichsjugendführer Baldur von Schirach on September 26TH, 1935, for award to DJ members from the ages of twelve to fourteen years old, after successful completion of the prescribed tests. The testing for the award of the badge included military-like training exercises and political indoctrination. The DJ Proficiency badge was issued in only one grade, and bestowal was discontinued in 1944. Condition is very good with wear only to the color.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon