German WWII Reproduction M35 Afrika Korps Helmet with Hand Painted Palm
New Made Item: These are so authentic people will think they are genuine WW2. No two are the same! Simply put this is the very best reproduction M1935 helmet available anywhere. It is an IMA exclusive and has been in development for over a year. It was copied exactly from an original in the IMA collection. But let us explain precisely why it is the very best:
Every helmet has been hand painted and aged, so none will be the same. We have also aged and darkened the leather liner to give it a one-of-a-kind personalization as if it was picked up after a battle put away in a safe place and rediscovered 70 years later.
-The palm and swas was the unofficial/official symbol of the Afrika Korp. Members of the DAK were known to hand paint the symbol on their helmets. There was never a decal for this, it was always hand painted.
- The legendary Afrikakorp led by the Desert Fox Erwin Rommel was perhaps the most well-known Armygruppe in WWII
- The accomplishments far outweighed the number of men and Units actually deployed .
- The winning spirit and morale rivaled among the troops even the most cohesive SS units
- Perhaps the most coveted helmet of WWII is the Afrikakorp with the hand painted Palm and Swas
- In 1942 the official Heer decal was ordered by Command to be painted over because it stood out visually from the Camo schemeMany AK veterans used paint the color of the camo and hand painted on their badge of Unit pride, the Palm.
- This helmet represents one of those rare and valuable pieces
This helmet shell is constructed of 1.8mm thick steel, exactly the same thickness used by the Germans in WWII. This means our helmet is as heavy and as solid as an original. The shell is large (size 68) and has the correct classic M1935 rolled edge as well as proper hollow rivet ventilation holes. For added authenticity we stamped the code 1575 at nape and ET68 over ear.
The liner comprised of soft (dark colored) genuine leather that, just like the originals, will turn brown with age, in correct eight finger configuration with central drawstring and an M1931 aluminum liner band that is maker marked, dated, and size stamped! Liner size can accommodate head sizes 7 (56cm) up to 7 5/8 (61cm).
This is perhaps the finest most authentic M35 replica helmet offered anywhere in the world.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon