German WWII M42 Steel Helmet - Heer Infantry Summer Camouflage Helmet
New Made Item: These are so authentic people will think they are genuine WW2. No two are the same! Simply put this is the very best reproduction M1942 helmet available anywhere. It is an IMA exclusive and has been in development for over a year. It was copied exactly from an original in the IMA collection.
- Textured finish camouflage pattern used in WW2 by multiple Herr units on both the Western and Eastern fronts.
- Collectors today give a lot of attention the Waffen-SS Divisions.
- Yet, those that study the German Wehrmacht agree that it was the basic infantryman that carried the weight of the war.
- In every major battle, Heer Infantry Units were instrumental to success
- While SS units numbered up to 38, the Heer Infantry units numbered up to 999.
- These units included, Panzer, Jager, Grenadier, Gebirgsjager, and Infantry units.
- Facing the same dangers, it was the Heer units that covered the Flanks or provided the firepower alongside the SS Units on offense or defense
- This helmet represents those worn by the Millions of German infantryman who carried the war on their backs, euphoric in victory and determined in defense.
Featuring an eagle/swastika decal on the left side. Every helmet has been hand painted, textured and aged, so none will be the same. We have also aged and darkened the leather liner to give it a one-of-a-kind personalization as if it was picked up after a battle put away in a safe place and rediscovered 70 years later.
This helmet shell is constructed of 1.8mm thick steel, exactly the same thickness used by the Germans in WWII. This means our helmet is as heavy and as solid as an original. The shell is large (size 68) and has the correct classic M1942 flared edge (not rolled) as well as proper hollow rivet ventilation holes. For added authenticity we stamped the code 2047 at nape and ET68 over ear.
The liner comprised of soft (dark colored) genuine leather that, just like the originals, will turn brown with age, in correct eight finger configuration with central drawstring and an M1931 aluminum liner band that is maker marked, dated, and size stamped! Liner size can accommodate head sizes 7 (56cm) up to 7 5/8 (61cm).
This is perhaps the finest, most authentic M42 replica helmet offered anywhere in the world.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon