German WWII 7th Flieger Division with First Pattern Eagle Paratrooper M38 Fallschirmjäger Helmet
New Made Item: A very high quality reproduction of an extremely rare WWII German Combat Steel Helmet known as the FALLSCHIRMJAGER. This reproduction was copied directly from an original in the IMA collection.
7th Flieger Division:
- Formed in 1938, the unit combined all the airborne forces of the Luftwaffe
- After minimal engagement in Poland and Narvik, the unit became famous for its bold attack on the Belgian fortress of Eben Emael where the 86 men of Sturmgrupe Granit captured over 1000 enemy soldiers in the first hours of the attack on France.
- In 1941 the unit was again engaged, now in the famous Crete battle.
- After Crete, the unit was refitted and sent to Russia.
- The unit was later used to build the 1FJ and 2FJ units during the expansion of the paratroop forces.
- This helmet represents one that was worn by one of those early Soldaten who soldiered on to the end of the war
Complete with heavy stitched tan genuine leather liner, correctly cross-stitched through the center showing replicated war time ink stamps that read-
As well as-
Kopfweite 61 or Kopfweite 61
The shell is marked-
Along with the proper blue/grey leather harness chinstrap affixed to an aluminum liner band with rubber liner padding. The shell is a large size (71) and constructed of 16-gauge steel, is the correct shape and proportion with neatly rolled rim. The helmet is only available in one size that fits up to size 61 (7 5/8 inches)
An original of this helmet will sell for thousands so this high quality reproduction will fill a hole in almost any WWII collection!
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon