Original U.S. WWII Army Air Forces Aviator A-11 Flight Helmet with K-14 Earphones and M-1944 Goggles in Case
Original Items: Only One Set Available. Purchased from a well known WWII aviation collector at a recent trade show, this amazing set, in wonderful condition is comprised of the following items-
- WWII M-1944 Pilot Goggles in original case. The goggles are in very nice condition, with stretchy elastic, and supple rubber surrounds. There is a clear lens currently installed for night flying, but there are replacement lenses in the case, including a tinted one. The inside of the case is marked WESTPORT WAR PRODUCTS CO., while the goggles are labeled POLAROID.
- WWII USAAF Leather flight helmet type A-11 size LARGE in very good condition. It still has a clear manufacturer label:
SIZE - LARGE
STOCK NO.8300 - 396010
THE SELBY SHOE CO.
PROPERTY, AIR FORCES, U.S. ARMY
The only real issue with the helmet is some wear, and the chin strap does show wear, and has been repaired.
- WWII U.S. Army Signal Corps K-14 RECEIVER Earphones by RADIO SPEAKERS INC. installed in the rubber ear cups of the helmet. These looks to be in good shape, though unfortunately the wiring from both sides is missing.
Overall a very good condition U.S. Army Air Force leather flying helmet set!
The Type A-11 intermediate flying helmet was standardized on August 6, 1943 and became one of the most popular and widely utilized helmets during World War II. There were numerous but minor changes relating to the oxygen mask attachments made during its production run but continued to keep the A-11 designation. The rubber earphone mountings were designated for the Type ANB-H-1 radio receiver. The helmet remained in Air Force service during the Korean War. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) continued to use the helmet in high altitude training through the mid-1970s.
United States Army Air Forces Type A-11 Intermediate Flying Helmet; seal brown cape leather exterior shell with black rubber earphone cups; missing black rubber earphone plugs or Type ANB-H-1 Radio Headphone Receiver; chamois lining and ear pads; cap leather and chamois buckle chin strap; turn down brow flap; three brass snaps for oxygen mask located on the left and right chin of the helmet; leather buckle strap on the back nap of the helmet to adjust the helmet size; three leather straps on back of helmet to hold the flight goggle's strap; double reinforced seam on each side of helmet; dark white sewn in manufacturer's tag on inside back neck of the helmet with embroidered red letter text; white stenciled Army Air Forces winged star insignia with white letter text "ARMY AIR FORCES" below insignia on left exterior side of helmet.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle