German WWII Reproduction M42 Helmet 12 SS Hitlerjugend at Caan
New Made Item: These are so authentic people will think they are genuine WW2. No two are the same! Simply put this is the very best reproduction M1942 helmet available anywhere. It is an IMA exclusive and has been in development for over a year. It was copied exactly from an original in the IMA collection. But let us explain precisely why it is the very best:
Every helmet has been hand painted and aged, so none will be the same. We have also aged and darkened the leather liner to give it a one-of-a-kind personalization as if it was picked up after a battle put away in a safe place and rediscovered 70 years later.
This helmet is painted to accurately represent a member of the 12 SS Hitlerjugend Helmet at the Battle of the Caan.
- The 6th Panzer Army under Sepp Dietrich spearheaded to last great offensive of the German Army.
- The purpose of the attack was to split the British and American line in half, capture Antwerp, and encircle and destroy four Allied armies.
- Launched on Dec 16th 1944, it was doomed to failure once the weather cleared and Allied Air Power could once again turn the tide.
- The 12th SS was unique that is was made up of Hitler Youth and led by veterans taken from the 1SS LAH.
- The unit was known for its ferocity and British and US veterans long after talked about how difficult it was when they came up against this unit.
- This helmet represents one worn by a soldaten that served in a unit that while only in existence for about 12 months delivered results well above normal long serving units.
This helmet shell is constructed of 1.8mm thick steel, exactly the same thickness used by the Germans in WWII. This means our helmet is as heavy and as solid as an original. The shell is large (size 68) and has the correct classic M1942 flared edge (not rolled) as well as proper hollow rivet ventilation holes. For added authenticity we stamped the code 2047 at nape and ET68 over ear.
The liner comprised of soft (dark colored) genuine leather that, just like the originals, will turn brown with age, in correct eight finger configuration with central drawstring and an M1931 aluminum liner band that is maker marked, dated, and size stamped! Liner size can accommodate head sizes 7 (56cm) up to 7 5/8 (61cm).
This is perhaps the finest, most authentic M42 replica helmet offered anywhere in the world.
This product is available for international shipping.
Not eligible for payment with Paypal or Amazon