Original WWII Imperial Japanese Army Officer Dress Uniform
Original Item: Only One Available. This is an beautiful excellent condition Imperial Japanese Army Complete Officer Dress Uniform. This is without a doubt among the finest WWII Imperial Japanese Dress Uniforms in any collection, it is offered in truly excellent condition. Amazing!
Included in the set are the following:
- A M1894 type full dress frock coat. The black wool, three-quarter length coat has a double-breasted front closure leading to a stand-up collar fastened by dual hooks and eyes. The 45mm tall collar is faced in red wool, against which is sewn a decorative, gold bullion border. Dual wool loops are sewn to each shoulder. Each of the seven, highly convex, 24mm diameter brass buttons to either side of the front closure have a five-lobed cherry blossom embossed to their obverses. A vertical support loop for the sword is to the left hip, which is fastened at its top by a 15mm diameter version of the buttons seen to either side of the front closure. Three buttons identical 15mm buttons are sewn to each cuff. Cuffs are complete with their red wool faces and decorative gilt wire tress. A tail shirt vent rises from the base of the reverse, to either side of which are three buttons identical to those on either side of the front closure. To the tail skirt vent, to either side of it, along the edges of the sword support strap, and along either edge of the front closure, is decorative red piping. The interior is fully lined in black cotton/silk, but for its sleeves, which are lined in white silk. A horizontal slash pocket to the right breast, and a vertical slash patch pocket to the left breast. The chest measures approximately 36". Nice tailors label.
- Red and white striped silk service sash with bullion tassel ends still in original cardboard box. Mint Condition.
- Dress cap with four bands of gold braid trim indicating the rank of Major. Features a patent leather visor and chinstrap. Complete black silk lining with red embroidered Japanese Kanji characters. Red and White feather plume in original cardboard transit tube contained in the original cardboard box is also included.
- A pair of full dress shoulder boards, each of which are 150mm long, 80mm wide, and approximately 30mm thick. They are both comprised of dual interwoven cords in gold wire with a decorative, golden-colored convex alloy button to one end and two silver-colored alloy, five-pointed star affixed to their centers. Original metal attachment slides are intact. Complete with original nickel plated storage case.
- Leather officer belt with blue felt lining and brass buckle. Good Condition.
- Order of the Sacred Treasure Medal. The Order of the Sacred Treasure ("Zuihosho"), established in January of 1888, was awarded to either military or civilian personnel for long and distinguished service. It came in eight classes, of which only the lowest two could be given to enlisted personnel. The silver medal is roughly in the form of a cross, with each arm comprised of five, white enameled rays. To the center of the cross is a raised, silver "mirror" against a dark blue enameled background, encircled by a raised, golden ring. Immediately beyond the ring are eight red paste jewels (a few are chipped), with eight slightly smaller red jewels between each of them, all connected by red lines, forming a stylized necklace. These are the "sacred treasures" from which the award takes its name: the "Yata" mirror, representing purity and wisdom, and the "Yasakani" jewels, which represent benevolence, obedience and affection. Gold plating may be seen to the bases of the rays, between the golden ring and the jewels. To the reverse, a small rivet is to each arm, and stamped to the center are the four kanji characters for "Order of Merit Decoration". A perforated ball is to the top of the uppermost arm of the cross, through which passes the ribbon’s suspension ring. The ribbon is folded in a triangular fashion, and it has an elongated, vertical alloy hook is to its top, which folds down and mates with an alloy eye sewn near the base of its reverse. The medal and ribbon are nested into corresponding depressions to the purple silk covered interior base of its original presentation case, whose interior lid is also lined in padded, purple silk, and purple silk covers the interior hinge.
- Medal ribbon bar.
This is an incredibly rare set offered in excellent condition complete with Medal bar and Order of the Sacred Treasure Medal.
- This product is available for international shipping.
- Eligible for all payments - Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Paypal, Amazon & Sezzle