Shopping & Ordering Information
- Payment Options & Limitations
- Special Hand Select Information
- Stock Availability Information
- Purchasing Original Military Antiques from IMA
Payment Options & Limitations
Credit Cards Accepted-
AVS Compliance - In order to limit instances of fraud IMA uses an Address Verification System through Authorize.net. AVS compliance requires that the billing address exactly match the address of the cardholder (the name that appears on the credit card). A compliant address will be the identical address where the card statement is sent each month. Once the billing address is matched, IMA is able to ship to any address specified by the customer.
Limitations : None
PayPal Accepted (not for all purchases)
Payments are accepted only on items which do not violate the PayPal user policy.
- Firearms - PayPal prohibits all account holders from buying or selling any type of firearm and certain firearm parts and ammunition. Firearms include all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.
- Firearm parts - Include, but are not limited to, receivers and frames, silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, high capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers.
- Ammunition - Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.
- Stun guns - For U.S. residents, PayPal allows transactions for stun guns only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. U.S. sellers must ensure that each transaction is legal in both locations before completing the sale. Transactions for stun guns involving account holders outside the U.S. are prohibited.
- Other Related Items - PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition
- Offensive Items - PayPal is a worldwide company with account holders in many countries where the possession or sale of certain items associated with hate organizations is a criminal offense. The following are examples of items that PayPal generally prohibits; Items that appear to be sold to fund or that imply or promote support for membership in the Irish Republican Army (IRA) or other prohibited organizations under U.K. law. Items containing Nazi, SS, or Ku Klux Klan symbols, including Authentic German WWII memorabilia.
Google Checkout- Not Currently Accepted
Payments are accepted only for items that do not violate the Google Content policies.
Offensive Goods, products, or other materials that:
- Defame or slander any person or groups of people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, or other factors.
- Defame or slander any person or groups of people protected from defamation or slander by applicable law (such as the protection afforded to the royal family in some jurisdictions)
- Encourage or incite violent acts
- Promote intolerance or hatred
- Promote or support membership in terrorist groups or other organizations prohibited by law
- Promote revisionist theories proscribed by applicable law
- Contravene public morality
- Weapons, Firearms, ammunition, and other items including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, and tear gas.
Checks & Money Orders Accepted by Mail Only
You may mail a check or a Money Order drawn in U.S. funds, with a list of item numbers, be sure include the shipping and handling charges. IMA ORDERS, 1000 Valley Road, Gillette, NJ 07933. Make checks payable to International Military Antiques. Personal checks are verified with your bank for available funds. We cannot accept two-party or counter checks.
Special Hand Select is an optional service provided by IMA, in order to ensure that a member of our trained staff who has knowledge of the item, its history, and typical condition will personally hand choose the original military antique you are purchasing. Our team will take into account any specific customer requests, then we will inspect the available stock and choose an item that most closely matches your request and/or is in the best overall condition. By choosing special hand select a service a fee of approximately 10% of the item cost will be added to your order. This service fee is non-refundable in the event of a return for refund, but will be honored in the event of an exchange.
What we promise
- We will do our very best to meet your requests.
- We will choose you the best of what is available at the time.
- A trained staff member will hand pick your item.
What we don’t promise
- That we can meet your specific requests (condition, dates, colors, etc)
- That you will receive an item in excellent or even good condition, our original military antiques are anywhere from 50-500 years of age. Just because you request an item in excellent condition doesn’t mean we have it.
How to order a Special Hand Select Item
- Most original items (not new made items) are available for special hand select service.
- Items that have special hand select service available are specified on the product page.
- After choosing special hand select you will be asked to give a brief description that we will use when selecting your item.
- Helpful descriptions include these types of requests: “best overall condition”, “good gunstock wood”, “as little pitting as possible”, “largest size available”, “visible markings”, “dated 1944”, “few dings/dents”.
Every item listed on our website is listed as “Original” or “New Made”. Original items are sometimes referred to as Military Antiques, Military Collectibles, or simply Militaria. New Made items are sometimes referred to as Replicas or Reproductions. The condition of New Made items is always the same; while the condition and sometimes features of Original Items vary greatly.
We display multiple images and write detailed descriptions of the products we sell in order to provide the customer with as much information as possible so you know what to expect when you open the box. However, unlike eBay or other auction websites most of our original antique items are not one-of-a-kind. Meaning the images you are viewing will not be the exact item that you will receive when you place your order. The images will, however, represent a typical example. In fact, the photos of products displayed on the website are never the very best examples of what we have. We make a concerted effort to photograph average examples of each product. This way, you can expect to receive an item that is at lest as good as the one photographed, unless specified otherwise. The only time you will get the exact item photographed is when an item is listed as “one only” or “one-of-a-kind”.
However, because so much of what we sell is original antique merchandise there will be some differences between anything photographed and what you receive. Differences are generally minor and can include; markings, dates, size, color, overall condition and more. In an effort to avoid returns, please help us determine what you want by describing your preferences by using the special select comment filed when ordering (when choosing the option Special Hand Select Service). You may also use the “comment field” at order checkout if you do not opt for the special hand select service. We always make our very best effort to satisfy your needs, but there are no guarantees, which is why we have a 5-day return policy, please click here to view the IMA Return Policy.