New Made Item: Simply put this is the very best reproduction M1935 helmet available anywhere. It is an IMA exclusive and has been in development for over a year. It was copied exactly from an original in the IMA collection. But let us explain precisely why it is the very best:
The shell is constructed of 1.8mm thick steel, exactly the same thickness used by the Germans in WWII. This means our helmet is as heavy and as solid as an original. The shell is large (size 70) and has the correct classic M1935 rolled edge as well as proper hollow rivet ventilation holes. For added authenticity we stamped the code 1575 at nape and ET70 over ear.
The liner comprised of soft tan (cream colored) genuine leather that, just like the originals, will turn brown with age, in correct eight finger configuration with central drawstring and an M1931 aluminum liner band that is maker marked, dated, and size stamped! Liner size can accommodate head sizes 7 1/2 (62cm) up to 7 3/4 (62cm).
The all leather chinstrap has a black exterior with tan interior, comes with metal studs, correct aluminum buckle, and connects to the helmet with proper “D” rings.
The finish/color is “smooth gray-green” or "field-grau", we worked hard on getting to color correct, which is what typically ruins a reproduction helmet, so hard that we spent 2 months testing formulas to until we got it right.
This is it- the best reproduction WWII German M-35 Helmet available on the market today offered at very affordable price.
- Shipping Restrictions
This product is available for international shipping.
- Payment Options
The following payment Options are available for this item:
American Express: available
Google checkout: available
- Legal Information
- As close to an original as you can get. Review by Larry
Quality Price Value
Overall this is a very good reproduction. I compared it to an original I have and it's almost impossible to tell them apart. This one actually feels heavier than the original. It's sturdy and well built. The liner is good quality too. The chin strap isn't that great, but it's not bad. The paint looks to be close to the correct color as well. The only issue is the paint scratches easily, as has been mentioned in other reviews. They didn't use any kind of primer and I don't think they baked the paint on. For the price, you can't beat it.
(Posted on 8/11/15)
- It's Good, But Read Before You Buy Review by Schutzenschnurr
Quality Price Value
* Ordered this directly from IMA's website - it was five bucks less than Amazon, shipping was the same, and IMA offered 5% off if you signed up for their e-mail newsletter. Got here fast, packaged well, shipping carton undamaged.
* The extra large shell fits my extra large squash (size 8!) just fine. Mr. Bighead, this is the helmet for you!
* Steel shell nice and thick and heavy.
* Rolled edge well finished, smooth and even, no burrs or sharp spots.
* Liner looks authentic, leather nicely done, has that seductive 'new leather' smell.
* Paint looks to be correct feldgrau color.
The less good:
* As noted by other reviewers, the paint flakes off much too easily - it'll scrape off with your fingernail.
* Paint had flaked off before helmet left the factory - there are easily ten or fifteen locations where the bare spots were touched up by hand. Strongly suspect that helmet not properly/thoroughly cleaned before it was painted. This appears to be an on-going problem with many of IMA's repro stahlhelms, based on what I've read in other reviews.
* Liner and suspension were all loosey-goosey in the helmet shell. The three split pins that hold the aluminum liner band to the shell were all loose and wiggly and not properly installed.
* Leather suspension not properly fixed to aluminum liner band; looks like spring steel mounting strips were just jammed in any old way, and back has already slipped upwards by about an inch.
* About 15% or 20% of paint inside crown of helmet scraped off by whoever mounted the liner and suspension assembly - it's a tight fit, and whoever assembled it just forced it in.
* Frankly, liner and suspension look like they were thrown together at 16:30 on a Friday afternoon before a long weekend by somebody who was paid piecework rates.
If you're just going to display this or add it to your collection, then it should be just fine as is; if you're going to wear it or use it, then you'll very likely have issues.
I wanted it for the iconic Stahlhelm-shaped steel shell, and I'm going to strip it, prime it, repaint it, and mount (say it with me) the Oregon Aero Ballistic Liner Suspension System with the four point chin strap (once they're available again). Sure, the steel shell is NOT heat treated to mil-spec, but it's still more protection than a baseball cap, and covers my ears better than my size L PASGT helmet.
As an interesting aside, the PASGT camo cover is an almost perfect fit (yeah, they only come in modern camouflage patterns, but Modern German Flecktarn pattern is pretty close to Wehrmacht dot/peas pattern), and the Velcro straps and tabs fit around the aluminum liner band just fine.
(Posted on 8/3/14)
- Excellent reproduction Review by Troy W.
Quality Price Value
Excellent reproduction, right down to the maker's stamp inside the crest of the helmet, the date of manufacture on the chinstrap, the correct color of paint on the metal, the shade of the leather liner, and the aluminum liner ring. If you take a size 7.5 or bigger, or just want a bigger helmet, this is the M35 you'll want. The size is somewhat adjustable with the leather tie-string as far as ride-height; better to be a little big to allow for sweat to make the leather "shrink to fit". It doesn't come with decals so you'll have to order a set, which actually works for the best because you can customize the helmet for any branch. I'm using mine to do Hermann Goring Division. Looks sharp and hard to tell its not original. IMA really hit a home-run with this one.
(Posted on 8/5/13)
- M35 Helmet Review by Ed S
Price Value Quality
I have been looking for a M35 helmet since I was in grammar school in the early 60's. No matter where I went, flea markets, surplus stores or other 'collectable stores', no dice. FINALLY I found one that fits like it was made for me. Thanks IMA
(Posted on 2/5/13)
- Very Very good product ! Review by HeerBen
Price Value Quality
I absolutely love it! Worth ever penny!
Thanks Again IMA
(Posted on 6/7/12)
Write Your Own Review