Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have a store?
- Can you tell me what my collection is worth?
- Will you buy my collection or can I trade with you?
- Where do you find all this stuff?
- Is this stuff real?
- Can anyone buy this stuff?
- Do you offer Wholesale?
No, the IMA Retail Showroom is now closed. We lost our lease and decided that three warehouses was just one too many. We have closed our retail location. Please order on our website or by calling 908-903-1200.
No. We do not offer any type of appraisal services.
Maybe. We are only interested in original items manufactured before 1945. Generally, we purchase from Governments, other importers, or major private collectors. However, there are times that we make exceptions. Only if you have something of high value and/or desirability and you are interested in selling or trading your collection or a particular item please send us an email and be sure to include the following:
- Take many clear digital images of your item(s) including detailed images of markings, notable features, and condition.
- Describe your item(s) including condition, where/when/how you acquired it, and the original purchase price (if applicable).
- Tell us the absolute minimum amount you will take for it. We won’t engage endless negotiations. If your requested price is too high we just won’t respond. If it is an item that we already sell we usually will not purchase it, unless something about yours is unique or special.
- Send descriptions and images to: firstname.lastname@example.org please write; “Purchase my Collection” in the email subject line. Be sure to include a contact phone number.
- If we are interested we will respond within 2 weeks. If you do not get a response then we are not interested.
- Please do not call us to follow up.
Everywhere. For the past 40 years we have been traveling the world purchasing some of the most rare Military Antiques on the market. IMA representatives have been to over 50 countries on 6 continents and done deals from $1000 to $7 Million. We have over 60,000 square feet of warehouse space; and much of that material has been in our possession for decades. We are the largest Military Antiques and Military Collectibles Company in the world.
Yes. Every item listed on our website is listed as “Original” or “New Made”. Original items are sometimes referred to as Military Antiques, Military Collectibles, or simply Militaria. New Made items are sometimes referred to as Replicas or Reproductions. Original items are what most people consider “real”. If we list something as an “original item” then it absolutely is, we never would knowingly mislead our customers.
Yes. However, there are some restrictions. You must be 18 years of age or older to use our website, and some items have legal restrictions depending on your shipping destination. Please visit our legal page for more information regarding potentially prohibited items in your area.
Yes. Please visit our Wholesale page for more information regarding becoming an Authorized Wholesale Dealer.